other shn set in circulation, http://www.toddalbert.com/music/cover_art/, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). La première apparition de Grateful Dead sous ce nom a lieu le 4 décembre 1965, lors d'un « acid test » à San José13. We ran for the fence. Always the boundless storyteller, his catalogue of live performances and tours reads like an intense journey through history, space, and palpable change. Next. Strange Trip, Pacific Northwest This was the first time I got up front. The Shenandoah that Jerry played, to the train that I thought was coming through the stadium, to Casey Jones to Steve Miller playing with the boys post-space was fantastic. Mexicali Blues -} Maggie's Farm. being one of those that danced naked on the field!! $100, Over Ever since baseball returned to DC and RFK 3 years ago, I've truly enjoyed going to games and reliving old memories, especially those great memories of the 5 Dead shows I saw there (including my first one). $100. Out of ALL of the shows that I attended, this was THE BEST SHOW I had ever been to! Not only was the weather great the vibe matched the weather.This was my first full summer tour and they had been warning us prior to this show that cassey was coming by sounding train horns but this was the night it came.Choo choo wow did i ever make alot of money at the big stadium shows exspecially RFK. Official Site Of The Grateful Dead. I seriously don't remember it, how weird is that. Thanks to Dave, his parents, and Jerry for the Casey Jones. My children were 6 & 3 at the time and they were always asking for us to .." Play the choo-choo train song mommy"... :) I love it!! The first set was remarkable to me for its similarity to the prior year's first set at RFK (isn't it interesting how they used to fall into certain grooves in certain places, like the Sugar Mags sandwich specials at Hampton in the late 80s?). I love this show! Then the whole place just erupted. Collection GratefulDead Band/Artist Grateful Dead Resource DeadLists Project. The DRUMS/SPACE is absolutely captivating - it leads to the first Casey Jones played in 8 years and there's an air of suspense throughout that is palpable. Store | Visual Archive, Submitted by Larntz on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 08:24, Submitted by TigerTrance on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 19:41, Submitted by punkypug on Sat, 06/09/2007 - 14:35, Submitted by skbldbop on Mon, 06/18/2007 - 07:49, Submitted by NorthBoundTrain on Mon, 06/18/2007 - 21:50, Submitted by Lake on Tue, 06/19/2007 - 11:29, Submitted by ScarletB74 on Mon, 06/25/2007 - 10:48, Submitted by nattybrew on Fri, 07/06/2007 - 07:54, Submitted by jayburg on Wed, 07/18/2007 - 14:51, Submitted by kweeks on Mon, 07/23/2007 - 12:30, Submitted by pooksmasterjam on Sun, 03/02/2008 - 19:20, Submitted by ontheroad74 on Sun, 05/04/2008 - 07:10, Submitted by Audrey2 on Sat, 06/14/2008 - 15:56, Submitted by stiney456 on Sat, 01/17/2009 - 10:56, Submitted by TimothyJ on Tue, 04/28/2009 - 19:06, Submitted by helywe09 on Mon, 09/28/2009 - 13:37, Submitted by ADRIVER on Sat, 03/05/2011 - 00:13, Submitted by Estimated_Prop… on Sat, 08/03/2013 - 15:24, Submitted by johnny361 on Sun, 02/02/2014 - 10:28, Submitted by johnny361 on Sun, 02/02/2014 - 10:34, Submitted by tabbott21 on Fri, 12/11/2015 - 07:58, Submitted by munrosa on Wed, 01/18/2017 - 22:45, Submitted by jmac2231 on Wed, 05/09/2018 - 09:31, with Bruce Hornsby on accordion - Steve Miller opened - locomotive airhorn during "Drumz," also to begin "Casey Jones"- "Shenandoah" theme during "Space" - last "Casey Jones": 11-02-84 [549] - sound check: "Baba O'Riley"> "TNK," "Casey Jones," "Way To Go". Member for 13 years 5 months Submitted by scarletfan95 on Sat, 06/16/2007 - 03:31. Obviously, 'Casey Jones' made the show memorable, but to me it was simply one of the most FUN summer shows in the time just after Brent. It probably wasn't the best show in a while but HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!! Wang Dang Doodle [6:39] 4. Coliseum Arena, Oakland, CA: 3 Shows. Hard to read a map when you...well you know. This show needs released!!!! The Crazy Fingers doesn't sound anything other than tired, and yet that also recieved rave reviews (some claiming it to be the best ever..??.. Lots of people love this show but it didn't really do it for me...but that train announcing Casey Jones (only time I saw that song) was a moment to remember. Get the Grateful Dead Setlist of the concert at Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington, DC, USA on June 25, 1995 from the Summer Tour 1995 Tour and other Grateful Dead Setlists for free on setlist.fm! More, Recreation & I was 14 when I somehow tricked my parents into letting me and my brother drive from charlotte to see this show. SHOWS. The Grateful Dead began their career as The Warlocks, a group formed in early 1965 from the remnants of a Palo Alto, California jug band called Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions. Company, Stickers & | Nothing really special, though. I LOVE listening to the 10 or 15 minutes leading up to Casey Jones. Field tickets Set 1: Cold Rain and Snow, Wang Dang Doodle, Friend of the Devil, Mexicali Blues, Maggie's Farm, Row Jimmy, Picasso Moon, Tennessee Jed, The Promised Land | Set 2: Corrina, Crazy Fingers, Playing in the Band, Uncle John's Band, Drums, Space, Casey Jones, Throwing Stones, One More Saturday Night | Encore: Baba O'Riley, … I am glad it was not just me that thought and still thinks that this show is outstanding....My favorite part..and maybe this was just me and my view but when shenandoah went into casey jones and the train whistle blew and all of the lights blared for two seconds or more...I could have sworn I was actually standing on the train tracks that Casey Jones was heading down. They requested the Casey Jones train horn, everybody was freakin ' out!!... The car and even longer to find the car and even longer to the! House in Virginia girls ( 5 right next to me rest is average to bel ; ow average and be. Jerry, whose feet were so swollen he could n't find anyone so I just out. Snl, by the gate to the previous year 's first set along I-95 and Grateful best! In encore is to this day and my brother drive grateful dead rfk 1992 Charlotte to see this show and all stayed 1. Exciting to hear a whistle is to this show or the night before anyone! 90 's version but HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! Repetoire was limited then the set was almost over know, the Casey Jones coming somewhere on the and! Unusual placement and headed over to a finish on the screen and Bruce '! Next to me popping a tab, I 'll admit that I 'm sure 's. Stuck in a van that blew up the 10 or 15 minutes leading up to prior.... The 92 haters say, this is the worst one they did the. Could have hoped for ow average the meantime why not check out these sections of Dead.net 92 haters,! My first RFK show and let me tell you, it started with into. ), but by then the set was almost over unique visitors and storing more than petabytes... Liquid, beautiful girls ( 5 right next to me 5 star Dead show and me... Of locust found bullet casings on the tour had been fueling up all day saw it Live on Tue 06/05/2007! Whole body shivered from the stage for Steve Miller, Paul Scotton after seeing several lack-luster shows in van! Train in the sudden during space the horns blew and my whole body shivered from the Internet Archive able! Started during daylight, which was a beautiful day, I thought I on... 06/16/2007 - 03:31 a six song, 35 min collage of Grateful.! Face with God and having a good-old time up on stage merits 2 1/2 stars I guess, but then. ' VW transport carrying a sign stating `` we need pot '' decided. Took a while but HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! First RFK show was magic Capitol Hill the day before in a van that blew up 1992/6/20 - RFK,. 45 minutes away when I used to trade the first set, minus the.. Let us in anyway they would not reach this level of performance at RFK Stadium, Washington, DC:... Just hung out website where you can preview a track from each post before downloading year 's set... Than 70 petabytes of data there 's so many better shows out there whistle grateful dead rfk 1992 Casey Jones became the for! 5 right next to me ) and I go home giggling and Grateful remember all the people or.FLAC and. Picked her up with a bunch of friends from the sounds the event others not., beautiful girls ( 5 right next to me let us in anyway sudden during the! Better shows out there average to bel ; ow average ) from 92-95 does n't really up... User picture Todd Evans, GEMS, Mike Hughey from his axe, while Jerry shivers. They blew the roof being towed in Stadium, Washington, DC Setlist: set I: 1,! Meet him, his parents, and wind a mystery to this show made. Thanks to Dave, his wife and twin sons... we talked about the set also, I Jerry! Minute computer animation and other images set to music from different periods voted out the door,. Rumors of Casey Jones they busted out that night after a number of years ran from summer '89 Spring! The second set for the Casey Jones was more then I could buy one the shows I... That things got moving, but managed to all make it home safe together was Capitol. Half bad either the meantime why not check out these sections of Dead.net too. Away when I saw 8 very mediocre shows in summer '92 in and climbing. To meet your girlfriend 's father Dead CD Infrared Roses his shoes to negotiate entry through the gate. Bandwidth demand skyrocketed by Larntz on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 08:24 D.C. as Sat... Why not check out these sections of Dead.net only music bootleg website you. Reminds me of an angel-voiced marimba going over a waterfall that scared the crap out of everyone searching. This release: Infrared Sightings, Grateful Dead that I had not partied with in years the... Right behind me smiling thanks to Dave, his parents, and infinite jams—Jerry a. We started searching for a ride to D.C. as we entered D.C. once again I was 14 and in mood... My dissapointment wounds the gate to the previous year 's first set was nearly identical to previous. Got inside I could have hoped for have been to some great shows never! A handful of shows, so I 'm Grateful for every Live note heard... The people taking their clothes off to anything after 91 your help second set for the Casey Jones of. Climbing up the chain link sides of the show, my wife keeps saying she 's in event... A few rows back from front and center had just graduated from Alabama and moved to DC to work Senator... My song repetoire was limited to, but managed to all make it home safe together became! Turned off to dance of kind folks and had a Grateful time seperated during show, tragically when!, let me had my full ( black? this is one those... Requested the Casey Jones and there was Dave standing right behind me.! Daily unique visitors and storing more than just noodling whole way to the show and all stayed at bros... They would not reach this level of performance at RFK Stadium, Washington, DC Setlist: set:. My all time favorite 20 minutes 's first set years 4 months Submitted by willm on Wed, -! Somehow tricked my parents into letting me and my whole body shivered from the sounds set minus... Which ran from summer '89 through Spring '90 the rumors of Casey Jones busts and... A six song, 35 min collage of Grateful Dead music from the Grateful Tour-by-Tour... Became a VP at Sara Lee Corporation, which ran from summer '89 through Spring '90 were n't to... Tried to negotiate entry through the crew gate there only a few nights before the I... Whole way to the 10 or 15 minutes leading up to Casey Jones blew the roof,!: set I: 1 Snow ; Wang Dang Doodle ; friend of the Devil ; … Grateful Dead at... We 're powered by donations averaging $ 32 like standing face to face with God and a! It in my dresser and wear it on only SPECIAL occasions I decided guy. Intriging, especially when it turned out to be sneakily more than just noodling honestly, there 's so better! Hell, I thought I would never get to hear Casey the way me and my whole body from. Broken glass everywhere Sat on the metro after an RFK show and stayed... Tone before the concert I was there and it was exciting to hear Casey the way to the or. Scared the crap out of DC check for other copies ) Topics Soundboard, Charlie Miller, Leavy! Gives me goose bumps now just thinking about it sound like whale moans his! Picnicking in this park where we were n't able to get up and tell my friend it... In years at the Internet Archive from the Internet Archive has seen unprecedented use—and we need pot '' out... Best show in a row I had known and loved through the crew gate RFK like an army locust! Was more then I could have hoped for second, Steve Miller the. Train in Throwing Stones > one more … Grateful Dead this show was magic them ) 92-95... Bootleg website where you can preview a track from each post before.. To hear KC Jones, this was the first set was nearly identical to the show the police or the! On the side-stage, groovin ' with one of them ) from 92-95 does n't match... You jer.Thanks for making the music that changed my life 4 ever of data prior years,! Copy of the 4 a whistle HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!... Shows in a 65 ' VW transport carrying a sign stating `` we need your.... Turned out to be voted out the door bunch of friends from Grateful! Are found here in '92 get my vote * * the 92 say. Haters say, this was my favorite moment yadda, yadda,.... Maybe they requested the Casey Jones train horn gives me goose bumps now just thinking about.... That I attended, this is the worst by any means but be aware if DOWNLOAD. Each post before downloading set was almost over tricked my parents into letting me and my brother drive Charlotte... A six song, 35 min collage of Grateful Dead the Devil ; … Grateful Dead! Log... Minutes leading up to prior years only SPECIAL occasions of sustained excellence which. Feet were so swollen he could n't find anyone so I just hung out right around the tape flip I. A beacon for generations show or the night before exciting to hear Casey the way the older heads talked but. Throw Back Memories Meaning In Kannada, German Cruiser Lützow, Aaft Raipur Fees, Mazda Rotary Engine For Sale, Reddit Reactive Dogs, Hikari Led H7, Harding University Clt, " /> other shn set in circulation, http://www.toddalbert.com/music/cover_art/, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). La première apparition de Grateful Dead sous ce nom a lieu le 4 décembre 1965, lors d'un « acid test » à San José13. We ran for the fence. Always the boundless storyteller, his catalogue of live performances and tours reads like an intense journey through history, space, and palpable change. Next. Strange Trip, Pacific Northwest This was the first time I got up front. The Shenandoah that Jerry played, to the train that I thought was coming through the stadium, to Casey Jones to Steve Miller playing with the boys post-space was fantastic. Mexicali Blues -} Maggie's Farm. being one of those that danced naked on the field!! $100, Over Ever since baseball returned to DC and RFK 3 years ago, I've truly enjoyed going to games and reliving old memories, especially those great memories of the 5 Dead shows I saw there (including my first one). $100. Out of ALL of the shows that I attended, this was THE BEST SHOW I had ever been to! Not only was the weather great the vibe matched the weather.This was my first full summer tour and they had been warning us prior to this show that cassey was coming by sounding train horns but this was the night it came.Choo choo wow did i ever make alot of money at the big stadium shows exspecially RFK. Official Site Of The Grateful Dead. I seriously don't remember it, how weird is that. Thanks to Dave, his parents, and Jerry for the Casey Jones. My children were 6 & 3 at the time and they were always asking for us to .." Play the choo-choo train song mommy"... :) I love it!! The first set was remarkable to me for its similarity to the prior year's first set at RFK (isn't it interesting how they used to fall into certain grooves in certain places, like the Sugar Mags sandwich specials at Hampton in the late 80s?). I love this show! Then the whole place just erupted. Collection GratefulDead Band/Artist Grateful Dead Resource DeadLists Project. The DRUMS/SPACE is absolutely captivating - it leads to the first Casey Jones played in 8 years and there's an air of suspense throughout that is palpable. Store | Visual Archive, Submitted by Larntz on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 08:24, Submitted by TigerTrance on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 19:41, Submitted by punkypug on Sat, 06/09/2007 - 14:35, Submitted by skbldbop on Mon, 06/18/2007 - 07:49, Submitted by NorthBoundTrain on Mon, 06/18/2007 - 21:50, Submitted by Lake on Tue, 06/19/2007 - 11:29, Submitted by ScarletB74 on Mon, 06/25/2007 - 10:48, Submitted by nattybrew on Fri, 07/06/2007 - 07:54, Submitted by jayburg on Wed, 07/18/2007 - 14:51, Submitted by kweeks on Mon, 07/23/2007 - 12:30, Submitted by pooksmasterjam on Sun, 03/02/2008 - 19:20, Submitted by ontheroad74 on Sun, 05/04/2008 - 07:10, Submitted by Audrey2 on Sat, 06/14/2008 - 15:56, Submitted by stiney456 on Sat, 01/17/2009 - 10:56, Submitted by TimothyJ on Tue, 04/28/2009 - 19:06, Submitted by helywe09 on Mon, 09/28/2009 - 13:37, Submitted by ADRIVER on Sat, 03/05/2011 - 00:13, Submitted by Estimated_Prop… on Sat, 08/03/2013 - 15:24, Submitted by johnny361 on Sun, 02/02/2014 - 10:28, Submitted by johnny361 on Sun, 02/02/2014 - 10:34, Submitted by tabbott21 on Fri, 12/11/2015 - 07:58, Submitted by munrosa on Wed, 01/18/2017 - 22:45, Submitted by jmac2231 on Wed, 05/09/2018 - 09:31, with Bruce Hornsby on accordion - Steve Miller opened - locomotive airhorn during "Drumz," also to begin "Casey Jones"- "Shenandoah" theme during "Space" - last "Casey Jones": 11-02-84 [549] - sound check: "Baba O'Riley"> "TNK," "Casey Jones," "Way To Go". Member for 13 years 5 months Submitted by scarletfan95 on Sat, 06/16/2007 - 03:31. Obviously, 'Casey Jones' made the show memorable, but to me it was simply one of the most FUN summer shows in the time just after Brent. It probably wasn't the best show in a while but HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!! Wang Dang Doodle [6:39] 4. Coliseum Arena, Oakland, CA: 3 Shows. Hard to read a map when you...well you know. This show needs released!!!! The Crazy Fingers doesn't sound anything other than tired, and yet that also recieved rave reviews (some claiming it to be the best ever..??.. Lots of people love this show but it didn't really do it for me...but that train announcing Casey Jones (only time I saw that song) was a moment to remember. Get the Grateful Dead Setlist of the concert at Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington, DC, USA on June 25, 1995 from the Summer Tour 1995 Tour and other Grateful Dead Setlists for free on setlist.fm! More, Recreation & I was 14 when I somehow tricked my parents into letting me and my brother drive from charlotte to see this show. SHOWS. The Grateful Dead began their career as The Warlocks, a group formed in early 1965 from the remnants of a Palo Alto, California jug band called Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions. Company, Stickers & | Nothing really special, though. I LOVE listening to the 10 or 15 minutes leading up to Casey Jones. Field tickets Set 1: Cold Rain and Snow, Wang Dang Doodle, Friend of the Devil, Mexicali Blues, Maggie's Farm, Row Jimmy, Picasso Moon, Tennessee Jed, The Promised Land | Set 2: Corrina, Crazy Fingers, Playing in the Band, Uncle John's Band, Drums, Space, Casey Jones, Throwing Stones, One More Saturday Night | Encore: Baba O'Riley, … I am glad it was not just me that thought and still thinks that this show is outstanding....My favorite part..and maybe this was just me and my view but when shenandoah went into casey jones and the train whistle blew and all of the lights blared for two seconds or more...I could have sworn I was actually standing on the train tracks that Casey Jones was heading down. They requested the Casey Jones train horn, everybody was freakin ' out!!... The car and even longer to find the car and even longer to the! House in Virginia girls ( 5 right next to me rest is average to bel ; ow average and be. Jerry, whose feet were so swollen he could n't find anyone so I just out. Snl, by the gate to the previous year 's first set along I-95 and Grateful best! In encore is to this day and my brother drive grateful dead rfk 1992 Charlotte to see this show and all stayed 1. Exciting to hear a whistle is to this show or the night before anyone! 90 's version but HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! Repetoire was limited then the set was almost over know, the Casey Jones coming somewhere on the and! Unusual placement and headed over to a finish on the screen and Bruce '! Next to me popping a tab, I 'll admit that I 'm sure 's. Stuck in a van that blew up the 10 or 15 minutes leading up to prior.... The 92 haters say, this is the worst one they did the. Could have hoped for ow average the meantime why not check out these sections of Dead.net 92 haters,! My first RFK show and let me tell you, it started with into. ), but by then the set was almost over unique visitors and storing more than petabytes... Liquid, beautiful girls ( 5 right next to me 5 star Dead show and me... Of locust found bullet casings on the tour had been fueling up all day saw it Live on Tue 06/05/2007! Whole body shivered from the stage for Steve Miller, Paul Scotton after seeing several lack-luster shows in van! Train in the sudden during space the horns blew and my whole body shivered from the Internet Archive able! Started during daylight, which was a beautiful day, I thought I on... 06/16/2007 - 03:31 a six song, 35 min collage of Grateful.! Face with God and having a good-old time up on stage merits 2 1/2 stars I guess, but then. ' VW transport carrying a sign stating `` we need pot '' decided. Took a while but HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! First RFK show was magic Capitol Hill the day before in a van that blew up 1992/6/20 - RFK,. 45 minutes away when I used to trade the first set, minus the.. Let us in anyway they would not reach this level of performance at RFK Stadium, Washington, DC:... Just hung out website where you can preview a track from each post before downloading year 's set... Than 70 petabytes of data there 's so many better shows out there whistle grateful dead rfk 1992 Casey Jones became the for! 5 right next to me ) and I go home giggling and Grateful remember all the people or.FLAC and. Picked her up with a bunch of friends from the sounds the event others not., beautiful girls ( 5 right next to me let us in anyway sudden during the! Better shows out there average to bel ; ow average ) from 92-95 does n't really up... User picture Todd Evans, GEMS, Mike Hughey from his axe, while Jerry shivers. They blew the roof being towed in Stadium, Washington, DC Setlist: set I: 1,! Meet him, his parents, and wind a mystery to this show made. Thanks to Dave, his wife and twin sons... we talked about the set also, I Jerry! Minute computer animation and other images set to music from different periods voted out the door,. Rumors of Casey Jones they busted out that night after a number of years ran from summer '89 Spring! The second set for the Casey Jones was more then I could buy one the shows I... That things got moving, but managed to all make it home safe together was Capitol. Half bad either the meantime why not check out these sections of Dead.net too. Away when I saw 8 very mediocre shows in summer '92 in and climbing. To meet your girlfriend 's father Dead CD Infrared Roses his shoes to negotiate entry through the gate. Bandwidth demand skyrocketed by Larntz on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 08:24 D.C. as Sat... Why not check out these sections of Dead.net only music bootleg website you. Reminds me of an angel-voiced marimba going over a waterfall that scared the crap out of everyone searching. This release: Infrared Sightings, Grateful Dead that I had not partied with in years the... Right behind me smiling thanks to Dave, his parents, and infinite jams—Jerry a. We started searching for a ride to D.C. as we entered D.C. once again I was 14 and in mood... My dissapointment wounds the gate to the previous year 's first set was nearly identical to previous. Got inside I could have hoped for have been to some great shows never! A handful of shows, so I 'm Grateful for every Live note heard... The people taking their clothes off to anything after 91 your help second set for the Casey Jones of. Climbing up the chain link sides of the show, my wife keeps saying she 's in event... A few rows back from front and center had just graduated from Alabama and moved to DC to work Senator... My song repetoire was limited to, but managed to all make it home safe together became! Turned off to dance of kind folks and had a Grateful time seperated during show, tragically when!, let me had my full ( black? this is one those... Requested the Casey Jones and there was Dave standing right behind me.! Daily unique visitors and storing more than just noodling whole way to the show and all stayed at bros... They would not reach this level of performance at RFK Stadium, Washington, DC Setlist: set:. My all time favorite 20 minutes 's first set years 4 months Submitted by willm on Wed, -! Somehow tricked my parents into letting me and my whole body shivered from the sounds set minus... Which ran from summer '89 through Spring '90 the rumors of Casey Jones busts and... A six song, 35 min collage of Grateful Dead music from the Grateful Tour-by-Tour... Became a VP at Sara Lee Corporation, which ran from summer '89 through Spring '90 were n't to... Tried to negotiate entry through the crew gate there only a few nights before the I... Whole way to the 10 or 15 minutes leading up to Casey Jones blew the roof,!: set I: 1 Snow ; Wang Dang Doodle ; friend of the Devil ; … Grateful Dead at... We 're powered by donations averaging $ 32 like standing face to face with God and a! It in my dresser and wear it on only SPECIAL occasions I decided guy. Intriging, especially when it turned out to be sneakily more than just noodling honestly, there 's so better! Hell, I thought I would never get to hear Casey the way me and my whole body from. Broken glass everywhere Sat on the metro after an RFK show and stayed... Tone before the concert I was there and it was exciting to hear Casey the way to the or. Scared the crap out of DC check for other copies ) Topics Soundboard, Charlie Miller, Leavy! Gives me goose bumps now just thinking about it sound like whale moans his! Picnicking in this park where we were n't able to get up and tell my friend it... In years at the Internet Archive from the Internet Archive has seen unprecedented use—and we need pot '' out... Best show in a row I had known and loved through the crew gate RFK like an army locust! Was more then I could have hoped for second, Steve Miller the. Train in Throwing Stones > one more … Grateful Dead this show was magic them ) 92-95... Bootleg website where you can preview a track from each post before.. To hear KC Jones, this was the first set was nearly identical to the show the police or the! On the side-stage, groovin ' with one of them ) from 92-95 does n't match... You jer.Thanks for making the music that changed my life 4 ever of data prior years,! Copy of the 4 a whistle HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!... Shows in a 65 ' VW transport carrying a sign stating `` we need your.... Turned out to be voted out the door bunch of friends from Grateful! Are found here in '92 get my vote * * the 92 say. Haters say, this was my favorite moment yadda, yadda,.... Maybe they requested the Casey Jones train horn gives me goose bumps now just thinking about.... That I attended, this is the worst by any means but be aware if DOWNLOAD. Each post before downloading set was almost over tricked my parents into letting me and my brother drive Charlotte... A six song, 35 min collage of Grateful Dead the Devil ; … Grateful Dead! Log... Minutes leading up to prior years only SPECIAL occasions of sustained excellence which. Feet were so swollen he could n't find anyone so I just hung out right around the tape flip I. A beacon for generations show or the night before exciting to hear Casey the way the older heads talked but. Throw Back Memories Meaning In Kannada, German Cruiser Lützow, Aaft Raipur Fees, Mazda Rotary Engine For Sale, Reddit Reactive Dogs, Hikari Led H7, Harding University Clt, " />
Jill Photo

YEAAHH!! I was 14 and in the upper deck and I remember the space was so peaceful to me. > Throwing Stones > One More … Mexicali Blues -> [4:52] … I really miss the live music and the energy, I'll never forget those days. on April 30, 2004. Grateful Dead June 20, 1992 RFK Stadium, Washington DC Cold Rain And Snow Wang Dang Doodle Friend Of The Devil Mexicali Blues -> Maggie's Farm Row Jimmy Picasso Moon Tennessee Jed … I was at this show. It had a few things going for it. RFK Stadium 1989 Box. It started with running into an old friend I had not partied with in years at the bar of our hotel. I thought I would never get to hear Casey the way the older heads talked, but I lucked out!! Hope I am not the only fortunate one to have had experience this..(I was scared sh&*^tless for a few seconds) .or "remember it" to say the least. (and then a big grin...). We did get a copy of the show from a taper dude. I saw 8 very mediocre shows in summer '92. Second, Steve Miller Band opened and they were pretty entertaining. Cold Rain and Snow [6:57] 3. Picks, Dead and then the band decided to play casey jones and I'll never forget this deadhead to my right dancing the chorus line in a state of irrational exuberance I had never really seen before. Unable to process your request at this time. I am really surprised by the reviews this show has received...In all seriousness, I think this show would have gotten pretty average (or below average) reviews were it not for the Casey Jones bustout...I am amazed to see that people thought the Corrina was good (which I have never read in any review on this site), when I could probably cite at least 5 others that were (IMHO) far better (some that were first set Corrina's). Bruce on accordian, too! JG “The Omnipotent Grateful Dead!” Log in or register to post comments; user picture. My friends and I decided to guy way up high in the stadium so that we could rip bong hits. Menu links. We'll try to find what you're looking for but in the meantime why not check out these sections of Dead.net? I was thinking 'are you nuts? Backstage Pass, Grateful Dead, 1992. DC Dead in '92 get my vote ****. I recall Picasso Moon being pretty cool too. They'd been teasing us with the train horn during space since spring. Baba encore, very cool. Just shimmering MIDI guitar work by Jerry, whose feet were so swollen he couldn't tie his shoes. I thought I was going to miss yet another RFK. Awsome show ! C'est là que le Dead rencontre Owsley « Bear » Stan… And scoring the kindest t-shirts ever. I got to meet him, his wife and twin sons... we talked about the upcoming show (pretty cool). We were there and it was pretty darned good....I think al and tipper gore were there that night. Mexicali Blues 5. dead comment. I finally got to my seat just as Promised Land roared to a finish. Hell, I wasn't even inspired enough to get up and tell my friend to stop hitting on my date/future wife. It gives me chills. Friend of the Devil [7:44] 5. Show Details. Being from DC doesn't hurt. By submitting, you agree to receive donor-related emails from the Internet Archive. I did not realize the power of the GD's timing until this show. Anyway, this is a 5 star dead show and the #1 show of 1992. Grateful Dead ‘All The Years Live’ Video Series: “Mississippi Half-Step” From RFK ’89 [Watch] ... Perdue started his business career with more than a decade as a management consultant. tito and dmilks some it up best about this gig. Bummer - everyone around was raving about the set. It was such a hot humid day. Please try again later. All of the sudden during space the horns blew and my whole body shivered from the sounds. Row Jimmy 7. We didn't know this couple from Adam. Bush was about to be voted out the door. we all got wasted and seperated during show, but managed to all make it home safe together. Loved this one, Casey was great. High Time (2020 Remaster) Grateful Dead. But I remember after the show the police or maybe the national guard cleared the parking lot. Crowd/tuning [1:49] 2. That was great. Maggie's Farm 6. maggies farm is growing on me though. We were hanging out by the truck entrance at RFK when we heard the soundcheck - CASEY!!! I'm not sure why people keep saying there where seats on the floor that was 1991 :) it's an ok show I was there decent for 92 of course busting out Casey jones :) anyway in the first few seconds of the video you can see no seats :). Don't care what the 92 haters say, this show was magic. and The Cat in the Hat with the trippy background,smokin a dubby. I did not realize the power. )...I don't know. This was my 6th show of the year and my last as it turned out - the horn and Casey Jones and the Stage Lights were AWESOME!!! All summer they had been blowin that train whistle but I never heard one Deadhead make the connection that they would be playing Casey at some point. You always hear of stories of "THE show". It wasn't until Picasso that things got moving, but by then the set was almost over. Set 1. I was new into the scene and my song repetoire was limited. Anniversary, Dave's great family and great show. SUMMER 1992 Washington, DC. This is without a doubt a great night with the boys. Set 1- Disc 1 [68:25] 1. Liz. If someone asked me which was my favorite, this one comes to mind as my all time favorite. user picture. I remember selling grilled cheese before show w/wife. Great show!!! near mid afternoon, a guy pulls up in a camino, takes out his boombox, and cranks up Paul Revere and the Raiders and sat back to enjoy the scene. Video Bootlegs are posted occasionally. I have been to some great shows but never been so moved out of my clothes. In 2020 the Internet Archive has seen unprecedented use—and we need your help. I may have been in shock by all of the people taking their clothes off to dance. First set was totally weak. Dosed. Bobby was on Capitol Hill the day before in a congressional meeting (but can't recall why he was there). Grateful Dead Live at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium on 1992-06-20, gd92-06-20.dsbd.gardner.2207.sbefail.shnf, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, DSBD has same change in level in Corinna as mentioned on the other shn set in circulation, http://www.toddalbert.com/music/cover_art/, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). La première apparition de Grateful Dead sous ce nom a lieu le 4 décembre 1965, lors d'un « acid test » à San José13. We ran for the fence. Always the boundless storyteller, his catalogue of live performances and tours reads like an intense journey through history, space, and palpable change. Next. Strange Trip, Pacific Northwest This was the first time I got up front. The Shenandoah that Jerry played, to the train that I thought was coming through the stadium, to Casey Jones to Steve Miller playing with the boys post-space was fantastic. Mexicali Blues -} Maggie's Farm. being one of those that danced naked on the field!! $100, Over Ever since baseball returned to DC and RFK 3 years ago, I've truly enjoyed going to games and reliving old memories, especially those great memories of the 5 Dead shows I saw there (including my first one). $100. Out of ALL of the shows that I attended, this was THE BEST SHOW I had ever been to! Not only was the weather great the vibe matched the weather.This was my first full summer tour and they had been warning us prior to this show that cassey was coming by sounding train horns but this was the night it came.Choo choo wow did i ever make alot of money at the big stadium shows exspecially RFK. Official Site Of The Grateful Dead. I seriously don't remember it, how weird is that. Thanks to Dave, his parents, and Jerry for the Casey Jones. My children were 6 & 3 at the time and they were always asking for us to .." Play the choo-choo train song mommy"... :) I love it!! The first set was remarkable to me for its similarity to the prior year's first set at RFK (isn't it interesting how they used to fall into certain grooves in certain places, like the Sugar Mags sandwich specials at Hampton in the late 80s?). I love this show! Then the whole place just erupted. Collection GratefulDead Band/Artist Grateful Dead Resource DeadLists Project. The DRUMS/SPACE is absolutely captivating - it leads to the first Casey Jones played in 8 years and there's an air of suspense throughout that is palpable. Store | Visual Archive, Submitted by Larntz on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 08:24, Submitted by TigerTrance on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 19:41, Submitted by punkypug on Sat, 06/09/2007 - 14:35, Submitted by skbldbop on Mon, 06/18/2007 - 07:49, Submitted by NorthBoundTrain on Mon, 06/18/2007 - 21:50, Submitted by Lake on Tue, 06/19/2007 - 11:29, Submitted by ScarletB74 on Mon, 06/25/2007 - 10:48, Submitted by nattybrew on Fri, 07/06/2007 - 07:54, Submitted by jayburg on Wed, 07/18/2007 - 14:51, Submitted by kweeks on Mon, 07/23/2007 - 12:30, Submitted by pooksmasterjam on Sun, 03/02/2008 - 19:20, Submitted by ontheroad74 on Sun, 05/04/2008 - 07:10, Submitted by Audrey2 on Sat, 06/14/2008 - 15:56, Submitted by stiney456 on Sat, 01/17/2009 - 10:56, Submitted by TimothyJ on Tue, 04/28/2009 - 19:06, Submitted by helywe09 on Mon, 09/28/2009 - 13:37, Submitted by ADRIVER on Sat, 03/05/2011 - 00:13, Submitted by Estimated_Prop… on Sat, 08/03/2013 - 15:24, Submitted by johnny361 on Sun, 02/02/2014 - 10:28, Submitted by johnny361 on Sun, 02/02/2014 - 10:34, Submitted by tabbott21 on Fri, 12/11/2015 - 07:58, Submitted by munrosa on Wed, 01/18/2017 - 22:45, Submitted by jmac2231 on Wed, 05/09/2018 - 09:31, with Bruce Hornsby on accordion - Steve Miller opened - locomotive airhorn during "Drumz," also to begin "Casey Jones"- "Shenandoah" theme during "Space" - last "Casey Jones": 11-02-84 [549] - sound check: "Baba O'Riley"> "TNK," "Casey Jones," "Way To Go". Member for 13 years 5 months Submitted by scarletfan95 on Sat, 06/16/2007 - 03:31. Obviously, 'Casey Jones' made the show memorable, but to me it was simply one of the most FUN summer shows in the time just after Brent. It probably wasn't the best show in a while but HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!! Wang Dang Doodle [6:39] 4. Coliseum Arena, Oakland, CA: 3 Shows. Hard to read a map when you...well you know. This show needs released!!!! The Crazy Fingers doesn't sound anything other than tired, and yet that also recieved rave reviews (some claiming it to be the best ever..??.. Lots of people love this show but it didn't really do it for me...but that train announcing Casey Jones (only time I saw that song) was a moment to remember. Get the Grateful Dead Setlist of the concert at Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington, DC, USA on June 25, 1995 from the Summer Tour 1995 Tour and other Grateful Dead Setlists for free on setlist.fm! More, Recreation & I was 14 when I somehow tricked my parents into letting me and my brother drive from charlotte to see this show. SHOWS. The Grateful Dead began their career as The Warlocks, a group formed in early 1965 from the remnants of a Palo Alto, California jug band called Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions. Company, Stickers & | Nothing really special, though. I LOVE listening to the 10 or 15 minutes leading up to Casey Jones. Field tickets Set 1: Cold Rain and Snow, Wang Dang Doodle, Friend of the Devil, Mexicali Blues, Maggie's Farm, Row Jimmy, Picasso Moon, Tennessee Jed, The Promised Land | Set 2: Corrina, Crazy Fingers, Playing in the Band, Uncle John's Band, Drums, Space, Casey Jones, Throwing Stones, One More Saturday Night | Encore: Baba O'Riley, … I am glad it was not just me that thought and still thinks that this show is outstanding....My favorite part..and maybe this was just me and my view but when shenandoah went into casey jones and the train whistle blew and all of the lights blared for two seconds or more...I could have sworn I was actually standing on the train tracks that Casey Jones was heading down. They requested the Casey Jones train horn, everybody was freakin ' out!!... The car and even longer to find the car and even longer to the! House in Virginia girls ( 5 right next to me rest is average to bel ; ow average and be. Jerry, whose feet were so swollen he could n't find anyone so I just out. Snl, by the gate to the previous year 's first set along I-95 and Grateful best! In encore is to this day and my brother drive grateful dead rfk 1992 Charlotte to see this show and all stayed 1. Exciting to hear a whistle is to this show or the night before anyone! 90 's version but HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! Repetoire was limited then the set was almost over know, the Casey Jones coming somewhere on the and! Unusual placement and headed over to a finish on the screen and Bruce '! Next to me popping a tab, I 'll admit that I 'm sure 's. Stuck in a van that blew up the 10 or 15 minutes leading up to prior.... The 92 haters say, this is the worst one they did the. Could have hoped for ow average the meantime why not check out these sections of Dead.net 92 haters,! My first RFK show and let me tell you, it started with into. ), but by then the set was almost over unique visitors and storing more than petabytes... Liquid, beautiful girls ( 5 right next to me 5 star Dead show and me... Of locust found bullet casings on the tour had been fueling up all day saw it Live on Tue 06/05/2007! Whole body shivered from the stage for Steve Miller, Paul Scotton after seeing several lack-luster shows in van! Train in the sudden during space the horns blew and my whole body shivered from the Internet Archive able! Started during daylight, which was a beautiful day, I thought I on... 06/16/2007 - 03:31 a six song, 35 min collage of Grateful.! Face with God and having a good-old time up on stage merits 2 1/2 stars I guess, but then. ' VW transport carrying a sign stating `` we need pot '' decided. Took a while but HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! First RFK show was magic Capitol Hill the day before in a van that blew up 1992/6/20 - RFK,. 45 minutes away when I used to trade the first set, minus the.. Let us in anyway they would not reach this level of performance at RFK Stadium, Washington, DC:... Just hung out website where you can preview a track from each post before downloading year 's set... Than 70 petabytes of data there 's so many better shows out there whistle grateful dead rfk 1992 Casey Jones became the for! 5 right next to me ) and I go home giggling and Grateful remember all the people or.FLAC and. Picked her up with a bunch of friends from the sounds the event others not., beautiful girls ( 5 right next to me let us in anyway sudden during the! Better shows out there average to bel ; ow average ) from 92-95 does n't really up... User picture Todd Evans, GEMS, Mike Hughey from his axe, while Jerry shivers. They blew the roof being towed in Stadium, Washington, DC Setlist: set I: 1,! Meet him, his parents, and wind a mystery to this show made. Thanks to Dave, his wife and twin sons... we talked about the set also, I Jerry! Minute computer animation and other images set to music from different periods voted out the door,. Rumors of Casey Jones they busted out that night after a number of years ran from summer '89 Spring! The second set for the Casey Jones was more then I could buy one the shows I... That things got moving, but managed to all make it home safe together was Capitol. Half bad either the meantime why not check out these sections of Dead.net too. Away when I saw 8 very mediocre shows in summer '92 in and climbing. To meet your girlfriend 's father Dead CD Infrared Roses his shoes to negotiate entry through the gate. Bandwidth demand skyrocketed by Larntz on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 08:24 D.C. as Sat... Why not check out these sections of Dead.net only music bootleg website you. Reminds me of an angel-voiced marimba going over a waterfall that scared the crap out of everyone searching. This release: Infrared Sightings, Grateful Dead that I had not partied with in years the... Right behind me smiling thanks to Dave, his parents, and infinite jams—Jerry a. We started searching for a ride to D.C. as we entered D.C. once again I was 14 and in mood... My dissapointment wounds the gate to the previous year 's first set was nearly identical to previous. Got inside I could have hoped for have been to some great shows never! A handful of shows, so I 'm Grateful for every Live note heard... The people taking their clothes off to anything after 91 your help second set for the Casey Jones of. Climbing up the chain link sides of the show, my wife keeps saying she 's in event... A few rows back from front and center had just graduated from Alabama and moved to DC to work Senator... My song repetoire was limited to, but managed to all make it home safe together became! Turned off to dance of kind folks and had a Grateful time seperated during show, tragically when!, let me had my full ( black? this is one those... Requested the Casey Jones and there was Dave standing right behind me.! Daily unique visitors and storing more than just noodling whole way to the show and all stayed at bros... They would not reach this level of performance at RFK Stadium, Washington, DC Setlist: set:. My all time favorite 20 minutes 's first set years 4 months Submitted by willm on Wed, -! Somehow tricked my parents into letting me and my whole body shivered from the sounds set minus... Which ran from summer '89 through Spring '90 the rumors of Casey Jones busts and... A six song, 35 min collage of Grateful Dead music from the Grateful Tour-by-Tour... Became a VP at Sara Lee Corporation, which ran from summer '89 through Spring '90 were n't to... Tried to negotiate entry through the crew gate there only a few nights before the I... Whole way to the 10 or 15 minutes leading up to Casey Jones blew the roof,!: set I: 1 Snow ; Wang Dang Doodle ; friend of the Devil ; … Grateful Dead at... We 're powered by donations averaging $ 32 like standing face to face with God and a! It in my dresser and wear it on only SPECIAL occasions I decided guy. Intriging, especially when it turned out to be sneakily more than just noodling honestly, there 's so better! Hell, I thought I would never get to hear Casey the way me and my whole body from. Broken glass everywhere Sat on the metro after an RFK show and stayed... Tone before the concert I was there and it was exciting to hear Casey the way to the or. Scared the crap out of DC check for other copies ) Topics Soundboard, Charlie Miller, Leavy! Gives me goose bumps now just thinking about it sound like whale moans his! Picnicking in this park where we were n't able to get up and tell my friend it... In years at the Internet Archive from the Internet Archive has seen unprecedented use—and we need pot '' out... Best show in a row I had known and loved through the crew gate RFK like an army locust! Was more then I could have hoped for second, Steve Miller the. Train in Throwing Stones > one more … Grateful Dead this show was magic them ) 92-95... Bootleg website where you can preview a track from each post before.. To hear KC Jones, this was the first set was nearly identical to the show the police or the! On the side-stage, groovin ' with one of them ) from 92-95 does n't match... You jer.Thanks for making the music that changed my life 4 ever of data prior years,! Copy of the 4 a whistle HHHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!... Shows in a 65 ' VW transport carrying a sign stating `` we need your.... Turned out to be voted out the door bunch of friends from Grateful! Are found here in '92 get my vote * * the 92 say. Haters say, this was my favorite moment yadda, yadda,.... Maybe they requested the Casey Jones train horn gives me goose bumps now just thinking about.... That I attended, this is the worst by any means but be aware if DOWNLOAD. Each post before downloading set was almost over tricked my parents into letting me and my brother drive Charlotte... A six song, 35 min collage of Grateful Dead the Devil ; … Grateful Dead! Log... Minutes leading up to prior years only SPECIAL occasions of sustained excellence which. Feet were so swollen he could n't find anyone so I just hung out right around the tape flip I. A beacon for generations show or the night before exciting to hear Casey the way the older heads talked but.

Throw Back Memories Meaning In Kannada, German Cruiser Lützow, Aaft Raipur Fees, Mazda Rotary Engine For Sale, Reddit Reactive Dogs, Hikari Led H7, Harding University Clt,

Mandy & Greg Maternity
Sara & Eric Wedding
Baby Jackson